I realized that while I usually focus on my favorite kitchen gear or ingredients, I love reading those "About Me" memos in the front of women's mags...what the celeb on the cover can't live without, whats in her purse.
So I thought for a quick Friday post, I would share some of that about me, not a kichen tip among them, and to encourage others, we have a little giveaway!
This is a Nordicware Ebelskiver Pan. Otherwise known as a pan in which to make delicous filled pancakes. People are making easy ebelskiver mixes. Its really just pancake batter, you fill the little divots, wait till they set up a bit, put in some kind of filling, and then top with a little more batter. Then you flip them over, and end up with a sort of spherical pancake full of delicious. And I have one to give away, so comment with at your top three or more products by 11:59PM on Monday January 24, and I will announce the randomly chosen winner on Tuesday!
Here are mine:
Marvis Toothpaste: I love the way this Italian toothpaste tastes, they have five flavors, and the caps never get stuck or gunked up. And my teeth feel squeaky clean, with no weird film. Plus they are pretty. Charming Suitor is a total convert.
Bucket of white washcloths in the bathroom: I buy these at Costco, $9 for two dozen, and keep them rolled up in a container on the back of the toilet, with a small basket next to the sink for the used ones. I use them to wash my face (feels so spa-like to always have a fresh clean white cloth). My guests use them as hand towels when using my powder room, and always comment on what a nice touch it is. I think it is the single most "borrowed" bit of decorating in my house...many of my best buds have adopted it at their houses.
CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Tints Lip Gloss: Light shimmer, sheer color, sweet minty taste, non-goopy, utterly kissable lip glosses. Bare Mint and Pink Mint are my faves.
Green Glass pump bottles from Target: I first saw these at Jen Lancaster's house, and ran right out to buy them. I love the clean styling, they work well, especially for dispensing controlled amounts and are easy to refill. I keep a set next to every sink, one of hand soap and one of hand lotion. But I also keep one filled with my moisturizer (more on that later) and one with my hair gel (more on that too). I have one filled with Almond Oil, which I use for problem areas like feet and elbows, and one with a scented body oil for after the shower. Okay, so I am a little addicted. But they are so useful!
Cetaphil face moisturizer: I love this lightweight cream, it goes on smooth and greaseless, absorbs completely, and which is best, I can get it at Walgreens and don't have to shell out half a kidney to keep my skin supple.
Ouidad Hair Products: I have very thick very naturally curly hair. And until I found this product line, I was frequently a sufferer of frizzy shrubbery head. But this stuff is designed for us curly girls, and it has changed my hair, and not insignificantly, my life. I use the Curl Quencher line, as I need as much moisture as I can get, but they have products for every type of curly hair, and even a line for kids. LOVE.
Aquaphor: This stuff I use in our brutal Chicago winters, especially for hands and feet. Industrial strength, odor free, and it really works.
And finally, Pylones card cases: I first found this store in Paris, and bought one to use as a wallet. They now have outlets all over, as well as online sales, and I think their stuff is fun and affordable. I am one of those people who fills whatever space she is given, making large purses and enormous wallets a danger zone. So I keep my essentials in one of these cases, cards on one side, cash and ID on the other, no extraneous stuff. They have tons of cute patterns.
Your turn! What are your fave products, comment with your top three (or more) and maybe you'll win that Nordicware Ebelskiver Pan!
Yours in Good Taste,
The three things that I get cranky about if I don't have them are my Aveda Hand Repair hand cream (smells soooo good), Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (the only one that stays on me) and my Tempurpedic mattress. Love the white washcloth idea!ReplyDelete
1. Aveeno lotion, since moving to a much drier climate I would shrivel up without it. I prefer the "relaxing" one because I like the way it smells.ReplyDelete
2. Neutrogena healthy skin, anti wrinkle, anti blemish face wash. I love that it's not that expensive and keeps my face is perfect shape, not dry and not broken out. Although for some odd reason now Target is the only place that carries it around me.
3. Brita water pitcher. Ours is green and I love it.
And I'm now stealing your white washcloth idea. :) And Jen's pump bottle idea.
A built in dish soap dispenser right by my sink! A must have! Mine is broken right now and I'm going crazy!ReplyDelete
A good eyebrow pencil... I have very light eyebrows... almost nonexistent, which looks awful... a good pencil makes a huge difference... most of my friends are surprised if they find out I pencil my eyebrows in! (I use a Maybelline eyebrown pencil for light to medium... and you have to use it sparingly!! NO dark streaks!
Oh yeah... I love Close Up toothpaste... it is very spicy and tastes like cinnamon... can't stand anything else!
Thanks for your recommendations Stacey... feels like they are from a friend! I'll definitely look for that lip gloss!
Love Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer- I am not a makeup girl and this stuff makes my skin look and feel amazing.ReplyDelete
Eucerin Calming Creme-as a nurse constantly washing my hands this stuff is pure gold.
My Crackberry-nuf said!
My Burts Bee's lipgloss with honey:)
My glass mixinig bowls-from tiny one to 12 cup one-indispensible.
As a curly haired girl I love the Moroccan Oil Creme for Curly hair-not greasy and definitely calms the frizzies. Will also be trying the Ouidad hair line- thanks!
1. I need my hair straightener, without it Bozo the clown has nothing on me!ReplyDelete
2. Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer...my one little treat every morning!
3. My Pampered Chef little spatula...I haven't found anything better to get cookies off the cookie sheet, pie out of the pan and oh so many other things!
P.S....I am so stealing your white washcloth idea! :)
#1. Nair Facial Hair Remover. Because while I can handle waxing, my poor 11 year old daughter cannot (and yes she unfortunately needs to use this product!)ReplyDelete
#2. BergHOFF Deluxe Can Opener. Because I've learned that you can't open your cat's food with a steak knife. And I've busted at least 4 a year until I invested in this one.
#3. Homemade Rice Bags: My friend makes homemade rice heating bags and I use them every day. I have some in the freezer for when the kids get hurt and some for me to put on my toes on cold nights. Can't live without them.
And I'm also stealing your washcloth idea ;)
Three of my favorite products are:ReplyDelete
A Mini frother from Ikea - life feels so much more luxurious with a little foam on my coffee.
My mini make up brush set from Sephora - I travel a lot and it's so compact, but these makeup brushes are high quality
The snuggly blanket I have had for 10 years - After a long day at work I just love to snuggle right into the couch.
thanks for posting this... we got the "funny pancake pan" for Christmas last year and I've not used it ONCE! you've inspired me.ReplyDelete
still thinking on my 3 things...
Yellow Tail Chardonnay. I know it's not spendy or top of the line, but it's my must have.ReplyDelete
Mary Kay shimmery eye shadow! I love it!
MY DB purse! It's big, it holds all my stuff and i love it!
Stacey, You seem to love the lotions and it is necessary in these blasted Chicago winters. Try AmLactin. You can buy the big bottle at Costco for around $17.00. If you buy it at Target you have to ask for it at the pharmacy. It does not have any smell and is made for rough elbows and feet but I use it everywhere. Thanks for the recommendations on the other products. I always love a new beauty product.ReplyDelete
I absolutely love my Burt's Bees lip shimmer and chapstick. I love that it's natural and doesn't leave my lips feeling gooey. I particularly like the pomegranate chapstick,ReplyDelete
I also can't live without my eye liner! Even if I'm just staying around the house, I at the very minimum put eye liner on. I like AVON's mineral eye liner. Goes on smooth and stays on.
As cliche as it might sound, I can't live without a good book. My mom told me a long time ago to never go anywhere without a book and to this day I always have a book in my purse. Because she was right, you never know when you'll end up having to wait and it's always good to have a book to keep you company. I frequent the local used book store A LOT and I love that I can find so many different types of books for half the price!
I'd have to go with my Clinque face scrub, my J.Crew "magic" flip wallet, and a midwest snack specialty, Garden Fresh salsa... Kind of a random selection, but I am devoted to all three of these things!ReplyDelete
Hmm...just three? Ok, here goes. 1) Carmex lip balm, preferably the mint stick version 2) my crockpot, as I'm a fairly lazy cook and 3) my Bubba keg, a 52 oz white trash monstrosity of a water holder http://bubbakeg.com -- I have no shame!ReplyDelete
Oil of Olay first thing in the morning and during the day and at nightReplyDelete
Fleece sheet on my bed!
Bamboo and angora socks....feel sooo good
1. lypsyl lip balm by novartis- i was once a loyal burts bees fan, but once i moved from texas to chicago, burts no longer cut it.ReplyDelete
2. Heel of Approval by True Blue Spa - I buy this at bath and body works and slather it on my feet all year 'round. it works great on dry elbows as well. (look ma no hands by true blue is also GREAT!)
3. Neutrogena Body Oil - Light Sesame Formula: I buy a HUUUGE bottle at nordstrom rack. It's the only thing that keeps me from scratching my legs off during the winter. It doesn't leave an oily film like several other similar products I've tried.
now that we're all properly moisturized...
4. The Perfect Throw blanket by Berkshire Blanket from Bed Bath and Beyond. These throws are amazingly cozy during the winter. We have three in our living room and guests always grab for them because they are so luxuriously soft!
5. Oster Electric Wine Opener- because I hate trying to open wine with a cork screw! I've had this for years and love it! I even stash it in my bag when we're going to BYOB restaurants so I don't have to deal with a measly cork screw (when did the waiters stop opening wine FOR you?)
6. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen by E.L.F.
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/eyes/eyeliner/waterproof_eyeliner_pen (also available at Target)
I usually spend a lot on cosmetics. My foundation is lacome and I have an obscene collection of MAC eyeshadows and all blush or bronzer is Too Faced. So, I'm not cheap when it comes to what I put on my face. With that said, this $1 eyeliner pen is by far my favorite. It goes on so nicely, stays put all day and did I meantion it's only ONE DOLLAR!
7. Bar Keepers Friend: My boss told me about this cleaner when she heard about my beer bread overflow/messy oven saga. You can make a little paste with it, rub it on the area you're trying to clean, let is sit for 1 minute then rub the mess away. It's similar to COMET cleaner, but works exponentially better, in my opinion!
now I'm totally going to buy some Aquaphor!
1. Rosebud SalveReplyDelete
2. Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizor
3. Bobble water bottle - it has a filter in it so tap water/bubbler water tastes good and its easier & more "green" than bottled water. I use it for myself and for making my son's bottles on the go. Ideal for air travel because you can only take a limited amount of water through security. Plus I dehydrate easily but am also very picky about the taste of water so this is the perfect thing.
Couldn't agree more about the Aquaphor and the Mentha Lip Shine! I absolutely cannot live without Gold Bond ultimate healing lotion (Perfect for northeast winters and you can buy it in bulk at BJs-bonus!), my Kindle (I have Good Enough to Eat on it-love!!!), and Kiehl's lip gloss #1 (What can I say, I have a weakness for good, hydrating lip glosses!).ReplyDelete
Ebelskivers! Fun! :)ReplyDelete
My top three are:
1) My Vera Bradley Saddle Bag purse. I've used it to much that it's starting to get a bit ratty... but I love it so!
2) My Crock-Pot. Need I say more?
3) Diet Coke. Completely, utterly addicted, and really OK with that. :)
Goody Ouchless Gentle Elastics--have to put up my hair at work! They used to make the most awesome ouchless elastics, that were even better, but they have disappeared. These are the next-best thing.ReplyDelete
My Kindle (have to agree with Heidi_Lyn). I carry it around with me in my purse, just in case!
Sour Cream. It's my favorite condiment and a comfort food backup. I'll eat it with baked potatoes, tomato soup, mexican food, etc. If I don't have it in my refrigerator and I feel like I need it, what a let-down!
(Bonus) #4: Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
by Lancome ~ my daily moisturizing face cream. I have always had dry skin and use drugstore moisturizers on my body, but I use this on my face. I jar is $45 but it lasts me an entire year. A dab will do ya!
Ok, here goes:ReplyDelete
1) Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner. I inherited a glass cooktop when I bought my house. It had not been well cared for. My mom suggested this cleaner, and was sooo right. (Yay Mom!) http://www.weiman.com/products/smooth/cleaner.php
2) Another Mom suggestion - Gonzo Spot Remover. Works like a champ on just about everything! This stuff is the Shit! Oh, the pet stain one works well too!
3) My Spalena sheets from Costco. I such a sheet snob. These sheets, hands down, are softer than any 1,000 thread count sheet I own! They have blankets and duvet covers too!
Loved reading your list, the wash cloth idea id brilliant.ReplyDelete
1. Like others have mentioned, I'm also a Burt's Bees lip balm addict. I literally have them tucked eveywhere.
2. Twinnings English breakfast tea, couldn't start the day without it. My perfect cup of tea is with fat free half & half and splenda. I drink probably 3 or 4 a day. Other favorite flavors are Earl Grey and Darjeeling.
3. Neutragena soap, I've been washing my face with this for maybe 20 years now. I also use the moisturizer and eye cream. I love these products and my skin has been in great shape for years.
1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple CleanserReplyDelete
2. Hairspray - either Sepastian or Big Sexy Hair
3. Starbucks lattes - pumpkin spice or mocha
1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple CleanserReplyDelete
2. Hairspray - Sebastian or Big Sexy
3. Starbucks Lattes - Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla, or Mocha.
1. Method Laundry Detergent. It comes in the TINIEST containers (compared to regular detergent) and you only need a couple pumps so it's very environmentally friendly. Plus, you clothes smell clean but not like laundry soap.ReplyDelete
2. A baby bottle brush - bought when when I had a baby to clean his bottles. Realized how incredibly easy it made washing my wine glasses! No more bottles but still have a bottle brush next to the sink at all times!
3. LORAC ProtecTINT SPF 30 - Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer: Amazingly light, in the winter I still use regular moisturizer since I live in Chicago and it's extremely dry. It has just a nice tint to even out skin tone and comes with the built in sun block!
1. Acorn slippers. Like Uggs, half the price, better arch support, HEAVENLY!ReplyDelete
2. Beauticontrol Extreme Repair hand lotion with the gloves that you wear at night.
3. Lens wipes from Walmart Optical. Cheap and work great.
1. Cetaphil face wash (the gentle kind for sensitive skin). At first I was bummed out because it didn't bubble up like my old face wash, but have been using it for years and it's super awesome.ReplyDelete
2. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. It's the only part of my Bare Minerals kit that is replenished like twice a year. Being an African American woman, I was unsure about the mineral veil because I worried it would make my face look ashy. It soooo doesn't, and I've even purchased a travel wand of it to keep in my purse.
3. PLINK! balls for your garbage disposal. I always get them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. The lemon and orange multipack is my fave. Just drop them into the garbage disposal - sooo much easier than shoving citrus peels in the disposal for a nice fresh scent.
4. Miracle Foot Repair Lotion. Also can be purchased at Bed, Bath & Beyond (is it just me or do they have almost everything?!). Makes your feet nice and soft (and can also be used on elbows and knees!) and is wicked affordable - $9.99. Holla! :)
1) Fage 0% Greek yogurt. I buy the large one at Costco. You can add berries, honey, granola or brown sugar. Great for breakfast.ReplyDelete
2) My crock pot and rice cookers. (really 2 things!)
3) My DVR. For the 10 pm shows I always fall asleep during.
Love the abelskiver pan! We go to Solvang, CA and they make them there and sell them from a window. The bees are always swarming all over them, they are so sweet.
I can't live without:ReplyDelete
1. MAC False Lash mascara. The awesomeness can't be described. It's lengthens and curls and gives me such lush lashes it should be illegal!
2. My KitchenAid pasta extruder. There is nothing better than homemade pasta covered in homemade bolognese.
3. The Body Shop body butter. I have several scents and they are so great at fighting winter skin. I live not far from Chicago and I understand brutal winters and dry skin!
I can't live without:ReplyDelete
1. Origins underwear for lashes and mascara. The best mascara and primer bar none! Doesn't flake, doesn't make my eyes red or itchy, and washes off easily. And of course, the lashes are AMAZING.
2. Diet Coke. I simply cannot exist without it.
3. Le Creuset 7.25qt. french oven. Essential cooking pot for this time of year.
4. Fruits and Passions hand butter in Lime Zest and Cypress. Beautifully moisturizes, not greasy and has a lovely smell!
5. Not Your Mamma's Kitchen sponges. Simply the best. And cute!
Love the washcloth idea!ReplyDelete
1. Burt's Bees pomegrante lip balm.
2. Cetaphil Facial wash for sensitive skin.
3. T3 blow dryer...so light and dries my hair so fast. Worth the extra $$.
Love the ideas-I just ordered one of the card holders from Amazon.ReplyDelete
My must haves:
1. My Kindle. It goes everywhere I go. Loved it so much I bought my husband one for his birthday and now he is addicted as well. On a recent European trip I ran out of new books to read and was able to download new books on a train ride from Salzburg, Austria to Munich, Germany.
2. Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. My skin has never been clearer and smoother. It provides the perfect amount of moisture which is a huge thing here in Phoenix.
3. Korres Body Butters. Super thick moisturizer in a cool pump container. Great natural scents that are not heavy. I could not survive a Phoenix summer without this stuff. Humidity of 8% coupled with temps in the 110 range are brutal on the skin. I even find it on clearance at TJ Maxx on occasion.
the three things I could not live without would have to be-ReplyDelete
1. A really good pair of tweezers. I keep them on the sink in the bathroom all the time and a pair in the car. Nothing like hitting the harsh light of day and finding a mutant hair on my chin.
2. Cover girl color stay lipstick. I love this stuff, it really stays on, most days I wake up with yesterdays lipstick still on!
3. Mascara. I have several favorites and believe that EVERYONE looks better with a little mascara!!
Ok, so I'm completely addicted to everything by Burt's Bees. I cannot live without their toothpaste (I can actually feel a difference), hand salve (ideal for when I've been washing a lot of dishes), chap stick (literally one in my purse, my car, and every room in my house), and foot repair cream (because, seriously, I'm from southern California and all my shoes are flip-flops). But aside from that, I adore Harry Mason's jewelry (I get compliments every time I wear something by him). And my Himalayan Salt Plate is the best gift I ever bought myself.ReplyDelete
1) Malama Bath products, which I get on Etsy. The moisturizers and lip balms cannot be beat, and they are all natural. The lip balms are made with things like kukui nut oil and macadamia nut oil - way better than burt's bees!ReplyDelete
2) Le Creuset enameled cast iron. I use it for everything and it cooks beautifully.
3) iPad. I use it for everything from reading to creating documents and watching movies. It's an indispensable thing of beauty.
Neosporin-in the winter my knuckles crack all the time and lotion burns so I put this on at bedtime and the cracks are healed my morning! Magic neosporin?ReplyDelete
Black mascara-I have very light eyelashes and don't leave home with out it. (magic?)
My Keurig. Everyone should have one of these. Say goodbye to weak/eye crossing strong coffee. My Keurig is magical!
My 3 must haves at all time Lush's Dream Cream, so good for dry Saskatchewan Winters, and still light enough for the summer. Lush's Honey Trap Lip Balm, never ever leave home without it. Last, but not least is my mascara from Arbonne, it does the trick of drawing attention to the eyes with NO animal testing or any gross chemicals that tend to make me sneeze or my eyes water when I use others.ReplyDelete
Mine would be:ReplyDelete
Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap...the big green bar lasts forever and the light clean natural smell of it doesn't both me like most products
EOS lip balm...natural, lasts forever, plus I love the funky spherical shape as it is easy to find.
Chia seeds...I use them every day in either my oatmeal or yogurt...love how it thickens the yogurt in a tapioca type way...gives me extra fiber and protein and omegas...love that they don't need grinding or other special treatment like flax seeds did. :-)
I really love Aquaphor, but here are my top three:ReplyDelete
1. L'Oreal RevitaLift Eye Day/NIght - Because I have a two year old and the zombie look at work is so last year!
2. Ulta bubble bath - Affordable and makes you want to stay in the tub forever. Also leaves your skin feeling moisturized and silky.
3. Spanx - Um hello...because they're awesome!!
1 - My Estee Lauder Magna mascara. Have.to.have!
2 - My large Vera Bradley tote. Carries everything including my Lap Top.
3 - My Pampered Chef teaspoon. I use it almost every day.
Thanks for the tips! Love the green glass pumps.
Love, love, love your must-haves list. It actually mirros many of the things I need to survive here in Chicago. I would add:ReplyDelete
1. My Barnes & Noble Nook -- no matter where you go in this town, you end up waiting, even for a short time. If I have my Nook, I can read a few pages of my book and make some progress. After all, it's the little snippets of time that truly add up.
2. CeraVe face soap and lotion -- its Cetaphil taken to the next level. Ecellent for sensitive skin, especially when skin is so dry in the winter.
3. My Sigg Water bottle -- why pay up to $5 a bottle when that money can be saved for important things -- like books, and purses, and shoes, and clothes, and weddings. It took me a good month to always get in the habit of having it with me, but now I do and I am grateful for it.
Love the lists, gang! Here are my never-fail, go-to items...ReplyDelete
1. Aquage hair products. Helps that my sister is a stylist and can get them for me, but I'd swear by them even if not for the hook-up. They? ARE FABULOUS.
2. OXO Pop Containers. My bulk dry goods (pasta, rice, flour, dry beans, nuts, etc.) are streamlined in identical containers; makes storage so much easier.
3. ...partly due to my #3 item, my label maker! Mock if you must (and believe me, the BF must)... but everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in my cabinets is neatly labeled and stacked and I never spend more than 30 seconds looking for something.
4. DVR. It has changed my life. End of story.
Fingers crossed for a win!!
I can not live without:ReplyDelete
1. my cuticle clipper that looks like a baby nail clipper. I guard it with my life because I am unable to find another one and if I don't tend to my cuticles I bite them off and that make my hands all raw and uncomfortable and makes me very cranky.
2. Pyrex medium cookie sheets! I have 6 of them so far. Each pan is marked for where to put the cookie so they can hold up to a dozen and 1/2 evenly spaced cookies which made my yearly Christmas cookie spectacular a snap (I baked 87 dozen cookies in 48 hours)
3. St. Ives Fresh Skin Make-up Remover & Facial Cleanser because it is so creamy and luxurious. It is super cheap, takes off all my make-up each night yet doesn't make my face feel like it is 2 sizes too small for my head.
I will be buying baskets to put towels in and those beautiful glass pumps to go all over my house!
Here are some of my favorites:ReplyDelete
Pixi Lip Blush ($18 at Target). Completely non-drying water based formula really does last all day (unlike cheaper Cover Girl variety). The nude shade, Purity, is great for giving most skin tones a natural glow.
Oxo Salad Spinner. This is always the wedding gift I give because it's a 3-in-1 space saver. For $25 you get a large mixing bowl, a colander, and a salad spinner. Great for cleaning all sorts of veggies (especially ones that get easily water-logged like mushrooms). I also like to use the bowl to whisk up my salad dressing then mix up my greens; fewer dishes is always a good thing.
Goody Spin Pins. $5 for a set of 2 double-helix bobby pins. I have long, super-thick curly hair and these are great multi-taskers. In less than a minute you can do a sleek bun, a messy pouf, or just secure the top. Looks a lot nicer than a ponytail, more comfortable than a claw clip and less hassle than a zillion bobby pins.
1. Chapstick. My world is not right without it.
2. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It really IS magic.
3. A good pair of black flats. Let's face it - I can't rock heels like I used to. Sore feet!
What fun! I loved reading everyone's favorite things. Here are some of mine:ReplyDelete
Aveda all-sensitive moisturizer: I was so happy when they brought back the all-sensitive line. The facial moisturizer is a godsend.
Eucerin origina moisturizing cream: After all these years, this is still my fail-safe for chapped lips.
Cuisinart food processor: I prepare most of my meals from scratch. The food processor has been a real time saver.
Lily of the Desert aloe herbal stomach formula: For tummy upset and other digestive issues, this can be a real lifesaver.
Chai tea bags: Tazo or Peet's
And last but not least...
Dark chocolate M&Ms!
Love, love, love at least the following three items -ReplyDelete
1. Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel: I use it EVERYDAY and my face feels so smooth and takes away the dry patches.
2. Aveeno body oil: Living in a cold state (MI I use Aveeno oil EVERY day, right after my shower. Doesn't leave my skin feeling like a slip-n-slide!
3. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer: Helps keep my face looking sun-kissed - even though I haven't seen the sun in 3 months!!
Thanks for all of the cool "loves"!!
Ah, there are so many. But here are my favorites:ReplyDelete
1. Breville toaster oven: Awesome!!!!
2. Blistex lip ointment: Absolutely addicted. Cheap, tastes good and works. What's not to like?
3. Opehlia's apothe.cary lip products: from etsy.com. Have tried three different ones so far; various lip tints and balms. All wonderful!
4. Bare minerals blushes: just a little needed. Looks great, tons of colors and can find them super cheap on Ebay. Frisky is a favorite of mine.
This was fun!
Here are my three favorite things - (great topic!)ReplyDelete
1. Philosophy's Melting Marshmallow moisturizer and lip gloss. It's only available in the late fall, so I have to stock up each year. The lip gloss is the perfect clear shade, and the moisturizer is the perfect scent to help me relax as I try to go to sleep.
2. Starbucks Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers - They have the perfect ratio of great dark chocolate to the graham cracker for my choco-holic tendancies!
3. My Dansko professional shoe in black. I don't think I've ever worn more comfortable shoes, and they are just the right amount of height. The clog helps me get out the door quickly each morning.
1. Absolutely cannot live without Kiehl's Lip Balm #1( i have one in my purse, one in car, on desk, night table, coffee table) 2. Tervis insulated mug with straw and lid. 3. Resuable bags- for lunch, shopping, gym bag- sky is the limit. 4. Bath Junkie Shea butta lotion- good thick lotion and I also slick it on the ends of my hair as a conditioner. 5. Sour cream- bc you can whip up any cold appetizer for a neighbor that may stop by. 6. Misto olive oil mister 7. Cardigan of any color bc I am always cold.ReplyDelete
1. L'Occitane Almond shower oil. Love the smell and feel.ReplyDelete
2. Yellow undereye concealer. I can go without any makeup but I must have this (thank you dad!)
3. I have to second the book comment. Except I have one in my purse, my car, my desk, and my nightstand!
1. My Keurig coffee maker...I have one at home and am considering getting another one for work. Life would cease to exist for me if I didn't have my Keurig.ReplyDelete
2. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. I keep these stashed all over the place. A hint of color, shimmeryness, and moisturizer all in one....Perfection!
3. Bath and Body Works antibacterial gel stuff. I teach middle school....'nough said.
My 'can't live withouts" (especially in winter)...ReplyDelete
1) my electric mattress pad
2) my Kirkland brand flannel sheets from Costco
3) my Jafra Royal Almond body oil
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts!
my #1 product has to be my Soda Stream--I use it every day and totally love it. I like the diet cranberry raspberry soda mix, but mostly use the flavor essences.ReplyDelete
a very close #2 is Tazo Awake tea. I love good black tea and this does it for me.
right behind that is my Kindle--love to read on it, but also totally handy for knitting patterns and saves me from having to print them out.
next-love my crockpot--makes life so much easier!
I can't live without:ReplyDelete
1. Tazo Awake Tea- can't start my day without a very large cup with skim milk & Splenda (usually in my Tervis Tumbler with lid).
2. Diet Pepsi- the tea only gets me to lunch, need the DP to get through the afternoon.
3. Kiehl's #1 lip balm - this stuff is miraculous on chapped lips!
4. iPad- carry it everywhere, takes care of the need to always have a book and then some- entertains the kids while waiting at the dentist, lets me keep up with my email, etc.
I love my SimpleHuman engagement trash can and my new SimpleHuman bathroom trash can.ReplyDelete
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! I bought the Ouidad on your recommendation, and I am LOVING it. My thick, curly, somewhat course hair has never looked better. :)ReplyDelete